10 days ago
Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The client, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at this company.
Web Designer / Frontend Developer
Deloitte Malta is currently seeking to recruit a Web Designer / Frontend Developer, to join its Consulting practice. The ideal candidate will be mainly responsible for the production, modification and maintenance of websites, web interfaces and mobile application interfaces. Candidates must demonstrate their body of work in a structured portfolio that demonstrates advanced skills and creativity in web design and converting it into responsive web application.
A self-starter by nature, the selected candidate must be able to work independently as well as in a team and must also be an effective communicator in written English and preferably also in Maltese.
- Meeting clients to understand requirements and explain design concepts
- Constantly collaborating with other team members and the development team to ensure deadlines are met
- Designing website and mobile interfaces from scratch and reviewing with client
- Writing of reusable UI components
- Checking the quality of work including but not limited to the validation of HTML according to W3C standards
- Supporting clients on any content and HTML issues through the CMS
- Staying up to date with emerging technologies and design trends
- Ensuring that the team is well-versed in the potential of new technologies
- Mentoring junior designers and collaborating with other team members to share knowledge gained from different projects
Required skills and competencies:
The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable in one or more of the following areas:
- Good understanding of User Interface and User Experience best practices
- Experienced with and having excellent command of Photoshop
- Extensive knowledge and experience in responsive web application techniques as well as advanced CSS techniques
- Aware of cross-browser compatibility issues, cross-platform backward compatibility and being able to develop and implement solutions
- Familiar with frameworks such as Bootstrap, Foundation or similar
- Good understanding of web usability and accessibility standards compliance
Additional knowledge or experience of tools and techniques such as AngularJS and similar, Cordova, Ionic, SVG animations and Adobe Creative Suite would be considered an asset.
Candidates with previous experience in web design and mobile design should also submit a copy of their portfolio in addition to their CV.