Vacancy of Systems Administrator (Manager Grade 2) within the ICT Unit
|Job Title:||Vacancy of Systems Administrator (Manager Grade 2) within the ICT Unit|
|Job Published:||June 27, 2018 16:17|
Through this recruitment, the MFSA is looking for applicants with a vast background in infrastructure technologies to increase the current pool of resources. The eventual appointee will be appointed at a managerial grade II level and will form part of a multidisciplinary team
within the ICT Unit.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a comparable recognised qualification at NQF level 6 or better duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)*
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) certification or equivalent. Applicants who are in their final stages of completion of the MCSE qualification may also be considered.
- With a required minimum of three (3) years and preferably with five (5) years’ proven work experience in Microsoft Server Operating Systems and Microsoft Exchange.
- A sound knowledge of; Operating Systems, Mail Servers, Server Clusters, Distributed File Systems, LDAP and GPO Management, DNS and DHCP Architecture, Public Key Infrastructure, Networking, Routing and Switching.
- A satisfactory level of analytical and report-writing skills
The selected candidate will report to the Systems Infrastructure Leader and will undertake duties in relation with the implementation and administration of the MFSA’s Systems Infrastructure. The primary job duties include but are not limited to:
- Planning, implementation, configuration and administration of IT systems
- Ensuring stable operation, availability, integrity and reliability
- Producing technical-design ideas for new technologies
- Writing and maintaining functional specifications and system documentation
- Providing second level support and training to users
- Proposing improvements to systems and processes
Soft Skills Required
- Ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Be able to work in a multi-tasking agile environment
- Ability to listen actively and to work on own initiative when necessary
- A high degree of self confidence
- Adequate negotiation skills
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's