Vacancy of Analyst Grade 3 (Securities) within the Authorisation Unit
|Job Title:||Vacancy of Analyst Grade 3 (Securities) within the Authorisation Unit|
|Job Published:||June 26, 2018 11:37|
Through this recruitment, the MFSA is principally looking for experienced applicants with a solid background in accountancy or a financial services related discipline, particularly within the area of Securities.
The eventual appointee will be joining a multidisciplinary team involved in the processing of applications for a new licence or the amendments of existing ones.
- A University of Malta Honours Degree or equivalent qualification in Accountancy or the ACCA or in a financial services related discipline or in an area which is otherwise considered relevant to the functions and duties attached to this post, or a comparable recognised qualification in Finance subjects at NQF level 6 or better duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)*.
- A relevant Post-Graduate Degree would be considered an asset.
- Applicants would be expected to have worked within the financial services environment for a number of years, with a required minimum of five (5) years and preferably with eight (8) years
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate in depth knowledge of regulatory requirements applicable to the area of securitiesDuties
The prospective Analyst Grade 3 will be responsible for:
- Responsible for processing of applications/appointments/amendments etc to licences;
- Responsible to monitor deadlines in the processing of applications and other work
within the Unit;
- Carrying out second reviews of application reviews;
- Co-Ordination of the Processing of Passporting notifications in terms of the relevant EU Directives;
- Dealing with regulatory enquiries;
- Participation and co-Ordination of meetings;
- Act as reference to other staff members;
- Carry out work related to EU developments;
- Liaising with other regulatory Units within MFSA.
Soft Skills Required
- ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines
- well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- ability to work within a team
- ability to listen actively and to work on one’s initiative when necessary
- a high degree of self confidence
- high level of negotiation skills
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's