Vacancy of Analyst Grade 1 (Investment Firms – On-site - Lawyer) Securities and Markets Supervision Unit
|Job Title:||Vacancy of Analyst Grade 1 (Investment Firms – On-site - Lawyer) Securities and Markets Supervision Unit|
|Job Published:||June 27, 2018 16:11|
The MFSA is looking for applicants with a legal background to increase the current pool of internal expertise in this particular area. This recruitment is at an Analyst Grade 1 level and will form part of a multidisciplinary team of analysts/supervisors at the Securities and Markets Supervision Unit.
A University Honours Degree or equivalent qualification in Law or better duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)*.
Work experience within the financial services environment would be considered an asset.
- The successful candidate will be expected to undertake the following tasks:
- Conducting on-site supervision visits to ensure that the investment firms are meeting the requirements of their licence conditions and their applicable MFSA rules;
- Engagement with licence holders, MFSA officials and other regulators as may be necessary in connection with issues arising from on-site supervision;
- Provide legal support to the Unit in relation to the interpretation of application of law, regulations and rules;
- Developing and applying rules relating to investment service licence holders to address market developments and legislative changes in areas such as, but not limited to, CRD IV, CRR, MiFID II and MIFIR; and
- Undertake other tasks as may be assigned by line management depending on the
- exigencies of the Unit.
Soft Skills Required
- strong analytical skills and ability to apply legal and regulatory framework to practical cases
- well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- ability to work within a team
- a high degree of self confidence
- good negotiation skills
- ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's