The Securities and Markets Supervision Unit (“the Unit”) is responsible for the supervision of investment services licence holders and market infrastructures. Inter alia the Unit supervises collective investment schemes, fund management companies, securities services operators as well as investment firms. The Unit is also responsible for the regulation and oversight of activities in capital markets.
The Unit is tasked with maintaining the current statutes and investment services guidelines relating to securities and markets as well as the transposition of EU legislation as required from time to time.
Purpose behind the Recruitment
The MFSA is looking for applicants with an accountancy, banking and finance, economics or a similar background to increase the current pool of internal expertise in this particular area. This recruitment is at an Analyst Grade 1 level and will form part of a multidisciplinary team of analysts/supervisors at the Securities and Markets Supervision Unit.
A University of Malta Honours Degree or equivalent qualification in Accountancy, Banking & Finance, Economics or in any other related subjects or a comparable recognised qualification at NQF level 6 or better duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)*.
Eligibility - Work experience within the financial services environment would be considered an asset.
The successful candidate will be expected to undertake the following tasks:
- Off-site supervision within the investment firms team including the review of financial documentation, regulatory returns and other data;
- Engagement with licence holders, MFSA officials and other regulators as may be necessary in connection with issues arising from off-site supervision, including review of financial returns and regulatory reports;
- Developing and applying rules relating to investment service licence holders to address market developments and legislative changes in areas such as, but not limited to, CRD IV, CRR, MiFID II and MIFIR; and
- Undertake other tasks as may be assigned by line management depending on the exigencies of the Unit.
Soft Skills Required
- a high degree of numeracy
- ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines
- attention to detail
- well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- ability to work within a team
- ability to work on one’s initiative when necessary
- good negotiation skills
Applications will be received by not later than Monday, 26th March 2018.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The client, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at this company.