Vacancy of Analyst 1 (Statistician) Regulatory Development Unit
|Job Title:||Vacancy of Analyst 1 (Statistician) Regulatory Development Unit|
|Job Published:||June 27, 2018 15:06|
Through this recruitment, the MFSA is looking for applicants with a background in statistics to maintain its pool of internal expertise in this particular area. The successful candidate will be appointed at a junior analyst level and will form part of a multidisciplinary team of analysts within the Regulatory Development Unit.
A University of Malta Honours Degree in Maths and/or Statistics and/or a comparable recognised qualification at MQF level 6 or better duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)*.
ECDL certification or an equivalent proof of computer literacy.
Possession of proven work experience in a relevant field, particularly in economics or financial services, would be considered an asset.
The selected candidate will undertake duties of an analytical nature including tasks involving statistical analysis, database management and development in line with the Unit’s responsibilities as follows:
- Statistical analysis related to financial market performance and macro-prudential
- Development of databases to meet ESRB, ECB/SSM and MFSA requirements;
- Statistical reporting and assistance with other reports;
- Statistical modelling;
- Database management and support;
- Implementation of related IT applications;
- Other duties as assigned by the Unit Director.
Soft Skills Required
- demonstrates analytical acumen and a structured approach to implementation of projects in hand;
- prioritises tasks and pays attention to detail, even when under time pressure;
- is aware of the impact that his/her actions have on others;
- feels at ease working in multidisciplinary environment;
- has a disposition to tackle technology-related projects;
- shows commitment to the achievement of organisational goals;
- shares information and supports team members in the achievement of common goals;
- ability to listen actively and to work on one’s initiative when required;
- well-developed written and verbal communication skills
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's