23 days ago
Malta Financial Services Authority
Through this recruitment, the MFSA is principally looking for applicants at a junior level with solid background in the financial services sector.
The eventual appointee will be joining a number of small multidisciplinary teams involved in the processing of applications for new licence or the amendments of existing ones.
A University Honours Degree or equivalent qualification in a financial services related subjects or a comparable recognised qualification in Finance at NQF level 6 or better duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC).
Work experience within the financial services environment, preferably in the securities/trusts area, would be considered an asset.
- The selected candidate will be involved in the initial stages of processing of applications;
- processing of the competence requirements for the appointments of individuals by licence holders; conducting due diligence exercises on individuals and prospective licence holders;
- handling on-going regulatory requirements and dealing with Regulatory Queries. S/he may also be expected to attend meetings with clients.
Soft Skills Required
- ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines
- well developed written and verbal communication skills
- ability to work within a team
- ability to listen actively and to work on one’s initiative when necessary
- a high degree of self confidence
- basic negotiation skills