24 days ago
Malta Financial Services Authority
Through this recruitment, the MFSA is looking for applicants with a finance or legal related academic background to lead a team of supervisory analysts within the AML/CFT Section of the Enforcement Unit. The eventual appointee will be appointed as Senior Manager.
- A University of Malta Honours Degree or equivalent qualification in a financial services related discipline or in law or in an area which is otherwise considered relevant to the functions and duties attached to this post, or a comparable recognised qualification at NQF level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)*.
- A relevant Post-Graduate Degree would be considered as an advantage.
Candidates are expected to have:
- Work experience, ideally within the financial services sector for a number of years, with a required minimum of eight (8) years and preferably twelve (12) years working experience;
- Proven experience within an AML/CFT compliance environment, with a sound understanding of the “risk-based approach” to AML/CFT compliance and supervision;
- A sound knowledge of Maltese and EU anti-money laundering and combating financing of terrorism legislation and international AML/CFT standards.
The Senior Manager (Anti-Money Laundering & Combating Financing of Terrorism) will lead and coordinate a team of supervisory analysts. The duties of the Senior Manager shall primarily consist in coordinating and conducting, jointly with the FIAU, risk-based AML/CFT supervision of financial services licence holders, including trustees and company service providers. The main purpose is to monitor the level of compliance with the applicable AML/CFT law, regulations and FIAU Implementing Procedures.
The duties and responsibilities of the Senior Manager (Anti-Money Laundering & Combating Financing of Terrorism) shall include:
- Assisting the Deputy Director in the management and operations of the AML/CFT Section of the Enforcement Unit
- Assisting the Deputy Director in the allocation, oversight and coordination of AML/CFT work
- Coordination of joint supervisory work with FIAU
- Coordination of data collection on subject persons
- Coordination with MFSA supervisory Units
- Coordination of the risk assessment and analysis, including ongoing review of sector and subject person risk, identify supervisory priorities based on risk and preparation of schedules for on-site and off-site supervision work
- Conducting and taking a lead role in on-site and off-site supervisory work
- Attending meetings with subject persons as necessary
- Review AML/CFT supervisory findings and reports
- Attending FIAU Compliance Monitoring Committee
- Coordinate the compilation of supervisory information for statistical purposes
- Attending (as substitute) meetings of the European Supervisory Authorities anti- Money Laundering Committee (AMLC)
- Attending (as substitute) meetings of the AML/CFT Joint Committee
- Involvement in AML/CFT training
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Soft Skills Required
- ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines;
- very good written and verbal communication skills;
- ability to work within and lead a team;
- ability to work on own initiative;
- a high degree of self-confidence;
- assertive qualities;
- ability to conduct interviews of persons and to carry out inspections.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The client, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at this company.