18 days ago
Malta Financial Services Authority
Through this recruitment, the MFSA is looking for applicants with a finance or legal related academic background to form part of a supervisory team of analysts within the AML/CFT Section of the Enforcement Unit. The eventual appointee will be appointed at management
level (Analyst 2).
A University of Malta Honours Degree or equivalent qualification in a financial services related discipline or in an area which is otherwise considered relevant to the functions and duties attached to this post, or in Law (LL.D), or a comparable recognised qualification at NQF level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)*.
A relevant Post-Graduate Degree would be considered as an advantage.
Candidates are expected to have:
- Work experience, ideally within the financial services sector for a number of years, with a required minimum of three (3) years and preferably with five (5) years;
- A sound knowledge of Maltese anti-money laundering and combating financing of terrorism legislation and international AML/CFT standards and experience within an
- AML/CFT compliance environment for a minimum of two (2) years.
The Analyst 2 (Anti-Money Laundering & Combating Financing of Terrorism - Supervision) will form part of a supervisory team of analysts. The duties of the Analyst 2 shall primarily consist in the supervision of AML/CFT compliance by financial services licence holders, including trustees and company service providers.
The main purpose is to monitor the level of compliance with the applicable AML/CFT law, regulations and FIAU Implementing Procedures.
The duties and responsibilities of the Analyst 2 (Anti-Money Laundering & Combating Financing of Terrorism - Supervision) shall include:
- Data collection from subject persons, FIAU and MFSA Supervisory Units
- Assisting with analysis of data
- Assisting in risk assessment
- Assisting in the identification of supervisory priorities based on risk
- Coordination of joint supervisory work with FIAU
- Coordination with Supervisory Units
- Coordination with subject persons
- Conducting including taking a lead role in on-site supervisory visits
- Carrying out pre-visit preparatory work
- Carrying out post-visit work – preparation of visit reports and findings letters
- Attending meetings with subject persons as necessary
- Attending FIAU Compliance Monitoring Committee meetings
- Attending training / technical meetings at FIAU
- Compiling supervisory information for statistical purposes
- Replying to requests for information by FIAU and police
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Soft Skills Required
- ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines;
- very good written and verbal communication skills;
- ability to work within and lead a team;
- ability to work on own initiative;
- a high degree of self-confidence;
- assertive qualities;
- ability to conduct interviews of persons and to carry out inspections.