Vacancy for Analyst Grade 2 (Anti-Money Laundering & Combating Financing of Terrorism - Legal) within the Enforcement Unit
|Job Title:||Vacancy for Analyst Grade 2 (Anti-Money Laundering & Combating Financing of Terrorism - Legal) within the Enforcement Unit|
|Job Published:||June 27, 2018 17:25|
Through this recruitment, the MFSA is looking for applicants with a legal academic background to form part of the AML/CFT Section of the Enforcement Unit and to assist and support the Director on various matters of a legal nature. The eventual appointee will be appointed at management level (Analyst 2).
- A Degree in Law (LL.D), or a comparable recognised qualification at NQF level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre
- A warrant to practice as a lawyer in Malta.
- A relevant Post-Graduate Degree would be considered as an advantage.
Candidates are expected to have:
- Relevant AML/CFT work experience, ideally within the financial services sector and in the implementation of the applicable legislation and standards, for various years, with a required minimum of three (3) years and preferably with five (5) years;
- A sound knowledge of Maltese anti-money laundering and combating financing of
- terrorism legislation;
- To be familiar with international AML/CFT standards, including the FATF 40 Recommendations and the EU Anti-Money Laundering Directive.
The Analyst 2 (Anti-Money Laundering & Combating Financing of Terrorism - Legal) will form part of the AML/CFT Section of the Enforcement Unit and will work closely with, assist and support the Director.
The duties and responsibilities of the Analyst 2 (Anti-Money Laundering & Combating Financing of Terrorism - Legal) shall include:
- Following international AML/CFT developments
- Following FATF work and review and analysis of FATF publications on standards, methodology, guidance, best practices, typologies and risk indicators
- Following the work of MONEYVAL and attending MONEYVAL meetings when required
- Keeping up to date with AML/CFT-related work of EU institutions, including the European Supervisory Authorities, and review and analysis of relevant EU Regulations, Directives, Guidelines and other publications
- Prepare replies to FATF, MONEYVAL and EU questionnaires on AML/CFT matters
- Disseminate relevant information to supervisory staff and subject persons
- Liaison with the Financial Intelligence Analysis Unit as necessary
- Review and/or drafting of AML/CFT-related legislation including for the purpose of transposition of Directives and compliance with international standards
- Provide technical assistance and support on AML/CFT matters to MFSA staff and subject persons
- Prepare notices / circulars / guidance to subject persons on AML/CFT matters
- Assist in the provision of AML/CFT training
- Assist in the MONEYVAL evaluation
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Soft Skills Required
- ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines;
- very good written and verbal communication skills;
- ability to work within a team;
- ability to work on own initiative;
- ability to draft legal documents including legislation;
- a high degree of self-confidence;
- assertive qualities.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's