Vacancy for Administrative Assistant (Anti-Money Laundering & Combating Financing of Terrorism) within the Enforcement Unit Introduction
|Job Title:||Vacancy for Administrative Assistant (Anti-Money Laundering & Combating Financing of Terrorism) within the Enforcement Unit Introduction|
|Job Published:||June 27, 2018 12:44|
Through this recruitment, the MFSA is looking for applicants preferably with a financial services related Diploma or a Diploma in Anti-Money Laundering studies to increase the current pool of internal skills in the Unit. The eventual appointee will be appointed at a senior clerical/administrative level and will support a multidisciplinary team of analysts and management within the AML/CFT Section of the Enforcement Unit.
- Diploma in a financial services related discipline OR a Diploma in Anti-Money Laundering studies OR a Diploma in an area which is otherwise considered relevant to the functions and duties attached to this post, recognised at NQF level 5 or better duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)*;
- Eight (8) ‘O’ Levels including English and Mathematics;
- ECDL Certification or an equivalent proof of computer literacy.
Possession of proven clerical and/or secretarial and administrative work experience
preferably in a financial services environment.
The Administrative Assistant (Anti-Money Laundering & Combating Financing of Terrorism) will work closely with and support a multi-disciplinary team of analysts and management within the AML/CFT Section of the Enforcement Unit.
The selected candidate will be expected to carry out the various day to day duties as directed
by the Director of the Unit or any other official delegated for this purpose. Within this scope, the duties to be undertaken include the following in accordance with the exigencies of the Unit:
- General administrative and clerical duties in support of the analytical team and senior management
- Providing support to the Director and Deputy Director
- Drafting of documents and correspondence
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail
- Coordination and preparation of replies to court investigation, attachment and freezing orders
- Processing due diligence requests from Authorisations Unit and supervisory units
- Rendering, validating and uploading of data on the Unit and/or MFSA databases, including Risk Assessment Matrix Tool
- Compilation of statistical data and producing statistical reports for management
- Liaison with IT Unit
- Other day-to-day duties according to the exigencies of the Unit as may be required.
Soft Skills Required
- ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines;
- good written and verbal communication skills;
- ability to work within a team;
- ability to work on own initiative when required;
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's