16 days ago
A well-established business in the Technology field is looking for a TV Networks Manager to manage a specialized team of engineers and operators that deliver linear and on-demand TV services to customers. The role requires knowledge and/or experience in DVB, RF and IP, and associated headend/playback engineering skills, preferably gained in a telco environment. The role also requires well-developed analytical and communication skills.
- Opportunity to join one of the most well-known companies in Malta
- Competitive salary package and company benefits
- Room for career development and professional growth
- Ensure that TV platforms and Customer Premises Equipment are managed in a consistent manner with company policies and procedures, working towards the continual improvement of these policies
- Lead the TV team in order to successfully maintain service uptime at telco-grade levels, through proper planning and effective maintenance plans
- Monitor, analyze and produce reports of the technical platforms
- Select, motivate and develop the TV team, including timely input to continually optimize work processes
- Knowledge of DVB and associated TV solutions, including multiplexors, edgeQAMs, encoders, PSI/SI table, EPG
- Knowledge of IPTV systems including IP multicast, Catch-up, VOD, nPVR and OTT services as well as use of Metadata
- Knowledge of standard and high definition video and audio formats, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 video compression systems, used within a telco infrastructure.
- Understanding of applicable DVB, ITU and ETSI standards.
- Knowledge of CAS and DRM
- Time management skills and the ability to lead, motivate and guide team members
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and be experienced in presenting complex topics effectively