A global, multi-cultural, and equal opportunities organisation within Telecommunications industry is looking for a Trainee Network Operations Engineer. You will be trained in the markets cutting edge technologies, providing critical services to remote locations, including anything from Drilling Rigs to the world’s largest Cruise Liners. The expectation is not that you are going to be designing and implementing complicated, global solutions from day one, but play a key part, with a vision to one day be mentoring someone like you in the future, continuing the cycle of development and progression.
- Owning the technical lifecycle of all service implementation from pre-sales to operational handover.
- Coordinating and ensuring deliverables with multiple global functions and external vendors.
- Managing and maintaining schedules and specifications.
- Early life knowledge, awareness and support of new products and services.
- Process and Configuration management (documentation) compliance and governance.
- Level-3 escalation support.
- Cost control.
- HSE governance.
- Knowledge contributor.
- Career development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Information Technology or similar.
- Good fundamental knowledge of TCP/IP and Networking concepts.
- CNNA certification preferred.
Competencies and attitude:
- Be a positive person, able to work with others achieving a common goal.
- Organized and disciplined, able to work with complexity and uncertainty.
- Communicative, willing to add views and ideas inside a diverse group with a desire to always improve.
- Accountability for work and associated results, with the ability to take responsibility for areas outside your own.
- Willingness and drive to learn and know more every day.
- Creative problem solver.
- Sense of urgency, initiative and competitive drive to complete tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Resourcefully work through or around any challenges.
- Ability to make sound decisions and take full ownership.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Work in a very friendly while demanding environment where you will learn about Telecommunications technologies and applications. Out of hours work may be required.
- Part of a dynamic team driven to improve customer service and employee satisfaction.
- Continuous training and opportunities for career development and growth within the organization.
- Be part of a truly global team from different backgrounds that appreciates diversity.
- Possibility of travel and the experience of supporting projects in different locations.