5 months ago
A leading financial institution, is seeking to recruit a reliable and trustworthy, well-organised Technical Support Officer to join its Information Technology Unit.
- Performing daily Core Business Systems operations including and not limited to the end of day process during evening and Saturday schedules
- Providing general IT support within established times for all desktop systems (hardware & software) and support other IT teams in their on-going analysis of help-desk requests with the aim of introducing efficiencies and fine-tuning processes
- Performing daily infrastructure operations by maintaining hardware, operating and business software systems in good operational order
- Supporting operations in the company's data-centres in line with maintenance and security requirements
- Supporting the administration of the network and systems. This includes but is not limited to the creation, maintenance and removal of users’ accounts, user access rights etc
- Providing on-site support to several remote sites
- Performing the necessary backups and restore operations and other disaster recovery operations
- Performing routine checks on the various systems (networks, hardware and software) and maintaining appropriate records of mentioned checks
- Sharing technical knowledge and ways of resolution with other team members
- Supporting and developing data requests;
- Educating business end users on how to make effective use of their technological tools (hardware & software) to speed up problem resolution, whilst keeping abreast with new technology
- Establishing good working relationships with the rest of the IT team particularly database and\or software developers.
- MCAST or University Degree in a related ICT area of specilisation
- Ideally have work experience in an IT support role or function
- Familiar with Relational Database Management Systems, ideally with a recent version of Microsoft SQL Server or ORACLE including some basic database administration
- Familiar with database reporting, ideally with Microsoft Server Reporting Services
- Good command of the SQL scripting language
- A flair for database and/or software development using TSQL/PL-SQL
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly, possess excellent listening skills and have the ability to interact confidently with internal customers
- Good problem-solving skills.