Technical Support Engineer
|Job Title:||Technical Support Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Marianne Koessler|
|Job Published:||March 27, 2019 12:38|
A start-up in the FinTech field is currently looking for a Technical Support Engineer for their brand new offices in Malta. The selected person will provide internal IT support, and be part of a business that services the financial operations of companies using blockchain technologies.
- Opportunity to join a new and growing business, formed by professionals with a track record in the international banking industry,
- Join a dynamic and flexible environment, where you are encouraged to make suggestions and think outside of the box,
- Room for career growth,
- Opportunity to travel overseas for training and development.
- Serve as the first point of contact for internal team-members seeking technical assistance over the phone, email or Slack,
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions,
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by users,
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process,
- Take ownership of unresolved issues shielding the head of IT and the CTO from escalation unless absolutely necessary,
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services,
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs,
- Follow-up and update users on status,
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by users to the appropriate internal team,
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures.
- Proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role,
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of the following tools and applications:
- Microsoft Office 365 (Mandatory)
- GSuite (Mandatory)
- Apple Macbook / Macbook Pro functionality
- Drive File Stream & Dropbox
- VPN (GlobalProtect / P81)
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products,
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues,
- Proficiency in English,
- Excellent communication skills,
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered,
- BSc/BA in IT, Computer Science or relevant field.