A unique opportunity has arisen for an exceptional individual to join Alter Domus’ Management team in Malta. As a Tax Manager within the Corporate Services Department you will occupy a key role in the organisation and manage a portfolio of high profile local and international clients.
- You will be responsible to lead taxation services and manage various operations of the tax practice areas in the areas of direct and indirect taxes and to deliver quality tax services to our clients;
- You will serve as point of reference to employees for tax related queries;
- Devise a conduct a yearly training plan for employees on tax related matters;
- You will be also responsible for tax compliance for our clients including FATCA and CRS;
- As the central point of contact for your clients, capable of identifying and anticipating possible problem areas, you will be able to accurately measure potential risks, and, therefore you will be able to offer suitable solutions to the client and satisfy their needs;
- You will be the person who guarantees all operational aspects of the account and ensures accuracy in the administrative, fiscal, and legal maintenance of the client account as well as quality control;
- Manage and take responsibility for a team of 3-6 junior and senior accountants. This includes assigning/allocating work, coaching and training, review of their work and performance appraisal, both informal and formal;
- You will manage the relationships with other key players in the industry, including auditors, law firms and banks;
- You will engage with Alter Domus colleagues in other locations and promote a “one team” culture and support the objectives of the local office and Alter Domus Group.
- Qualified and warranted Accountant with over 5 years of relevant work experience in the fields of Taxation (direct and indirect) Audit or Corporate Services;
- Expert in the field of local and international tax;
- You have experience managing and leading a team in a client-facing role;
- Excellent knowledge of local financial markets, structures and regulations;
- Ability to lead, mentor, motivate and develop a team.