|Job Title:||Systems Engineer|
|Job Published:||May 28, 2019 13:48|
We are looking for a GO-getter, who enjoys challenges, is passionate about technology, and has the ability to juggle multiple priorities whilst delivering technical solutions.
As our Systems Engineer, you will be reporting to the Digital Systems and Infrastructure Manager within the IT Operations team. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, administration, maintenance, and management of core IT resources and systems including but not limited to server OS, storage, and virtualization services. We will expect you to voice your ideas, and share your knowledge with the team and with Management to assist in decision-making and to contribute to long term plans and roadmaps including the Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP), Technical Infrastructure Plan (TIP), Standard Operating Procedures and reference architectures.
If you thrive in a learning environment, and find joy in solving technical puzzles, this will be an opportunity you’ll definitely enjoy. Plus, the people in this team are not like any other IT crowd. They are experienced, supportive, fun, and have a special bond between them that makes work feel like home. They are welcoming and help new joiners become outstanding in what they do.
Does this sound like you? Here’s what you need to have to match our requirements:
- Excellent Planning, Organization, Tracking and monitoring skills.
- A ‘can-do’ and positive attitudes
- Ability to communicate complex information in simple and concise terms
- Good knowledge of Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- The ability to show wisdom in making decisions and acts under pressure in times of crisis with a view to what is most appropriate, reasonable, timely and realistic.
Here’s how you can hit a few plus points for this position:
- If you have a University degree in Computer Science/Engineering or 5 years of relevant experience.
- By possessing a professional IT certifications (ITIL, MCSE, CCNA, LPIC)
- Experience in designing and managing virtual infrastructures such as VMware and OpenStack
- Experience delivering and improving storage (SAN/NAS) services.
If this describes you, then this is a glimpse of what you'll be doing:
- Providing technical recommendations on the selection of new systems related enterprise infrastructure
- Driving operational efficiencies that reduce cost and improve systems
- Being responsible to cooperate with all team members to successfully deliver projects on time
- Monitoring, maintaining and maturing storage, virtualization and tools associated systems and processes.
- Effectively overseeing installation and maintenance of hardware and software assets, within a framework of industry standards, by Third Parties
- Continuously identifying and recommending opportunities to leverage technology to improve the existing systems and processes.
- Producing technical/non-technical guide and documentation for new or modified systems/processes
- Producing effective project reporting
- Conducting proactive housekeeping of Systems and Infrastructure to ensure high availability and disaster recoveries are successful.
- Prioritizing work according to the company needs and escalate in a timely manner when required
- Handling operations, support and deployment of Systems according to IT schedules
- Adhering to company policies regarding data access, protection, integrity and security
- Maintaining a healthy relationship with suppliers, internal and external customers
- Addressing issues as appropriate to mitigate team conflicts and communication problems
- Doing explicit Knowledge sharing activities with all team members