11 months ago
To join the manufacturing industry, the role of the Systems Engineer ensures that all systems upon which the IT Enterprise Network operates on are maintained to the highest level of availability in order to ensure Business Continuity. This encompasses primarily the ERP, its related support facilities but also all the platforms which are required for running the business.
- Ensure the high availability of all the Enterprise Network to ensure all users are able to connect and operate at the highest effectiveness.
- Ensure all company data is safe and enforce electronically access through hardware or software.
- Monitor data replication and set frequency to ensure the least business impact in the event of a failure in the main server site.
- Propose new systems and oversee delivery of project from concept to end user
- Monitor database sizes and VM performance in order to maintain a balance in set resources which is required for optimal performance.
- Planning and implementing operational projects to enhance the reliability, capacity and availability of IT services and to maintain business continuity.
- Implementing performance and logical enhancements to OS, middleware, applications and integration layers.
- Troubleshooting, prioritising and performing post-mortem analysis on issues/faults for root cause identification and correction.
- Manage and maintain all the necessary environments required for the life cycle of every application, mainly development, UAT and production environments.
- Implementing and testing of Disaster Recovery procedures including backup/restore and OS/application cluster failover troubleshooting.
- Ensure the latest technology is adopted to ensure the most efficient operational level is maintained.
- Other tasks related to IT Security and Risk, Standards and Policies, Compliance and Documentation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business.
- Server security certification.
- Ideally 5 years’ experience in the administration of Enterprise Networking at scale.
- 5+ years’ experience in ISIT security controls and auditing.
- 2 years’ experience in server maintenance and monitoring software use.
- Administering Microsoft Active Directory; Microsoft SQL server systems
- Supporting and maintaining Microsoft Server operating systems in a virtualized environment including storage.
- Administering and maintaining Veem Backup and replication.
- Disaster Recovery site management.
- Technical liaison with suppliers of external software in order to ensure a smooth operation and allocation of adequate resource.
- Monitor and audit remote access by users. Provide remote support to users who are not on site or operating remotely.
- Keep abreast with emerging technology especially software in line with business needs.
- of Infrastructure, Application, Web, Cloud & User Security. ISMS or Risk Management experience.
- Knowledge of
- Supporting VPN technologies.
- Switches, wireless Access Points and Fire Walls.
- Infrastructure technologies.
- Ability to
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- To view the big picture when involved in a project.
- To quickly become familiar with emerging technologies.