A licensed Financial Institution that offers a range of payment services across multiple channels is currently looking for a Systems Administrator.
- Provide local and remote end-user support, resolving technical issues and providing technical assistance for Windows and Mac operating systems,
- Setup new and existing users with relevant equipment and appropriate access to the company’s systems (Active Directory, Email, etc.),
- Implement, install, maintain, configure, monitor, troubleshoot and evaluate existing and new Microsoft Windows Server / desktop operating systems with a willingness to learn about Linux based operating systems that the company utilizes,
- Install, configure and troubleshoot software applications used within the company,
- Implement, install, maintain, configure and troubleshoot new and existing hardware equipment,
- Maintain, monitor and troubleshoot additional office IT / networking equipment including but not limited to VOIP phone system, CCTV system, network infrastructure, access control system, WAN interfaces, firewall devices,
- Maintain system data security and integrity for the computing environment,
- Maintain network security through inspection of network equipment, review of firewall rules, rotating of authentication keys on wireless access points as well as VPN services,
- Implement security measures through the use of special software and tools,
- Continuous tracking of status and progress through applicable management tools,
- Document, create and maintain internal procedures,
- Recommend improvements to existing processes, procedures, policies and systems,
- Configure, test and monitor backups to ensure continuity and a minimum of data loss is suffered in the event of failure,
- Update and maintenance of the office asset and other registers,
- Any additional tasks requested / required from management,
- General Maintenance in and around the office.
- 3+ years' experience on Desktop hardware, server hardware, Networking and related software,
- A broad knowledge in Computer Networking, Server Applications and Operating Systems,
- A systematic approach in general IT fault finding,
- A level or a diploma are preferable,
- Excellent communication skills in English,
- Maltese language will be considered as an asset.