10 months ago
A public organization committed to increase accessibility and reduction in vehicular traffic in the city of Valletta is developing and implementing the tested system that is in operation in a number of major cities across Europe. The organization is seeking to recruit a Systems Administrator to form part of the Technical Team.
- Monitoring and maintenance of application software on Windows and Linux/UNIX platforms. The applications will generally run on a MySQL/MS-SQL and Apache/IIS backend.
- ANPR monitoring, accuracy test video and accuracy calculations.
- Mobile Connections Monitoring (SNMP, Alarm, Alerts).
- Servers performance, healthcheck, SQL Data Restore, SQL Backups Archiving.
- Ensure network security, setup Firewalls and VPNs.
- Monitor connections with external systems.
- Oversee general IT requirements & recommend improvements.
- Liaison with various authorities including the relevant transport authorities, ministries and local government entities as may be required.
- Travel for business assignments outside of Malta may also be required.
- IT Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience using Linux and Windows servers.
- Great knowledge of LAN/WAN networking concepts.
- Familiar with MySQL databases.
- Have strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Be assertive and ready to work outside normal working hours.