We’re looking for a problem solver, with a can-do attitude and good communications skills who will be coordinating and participating in activities related to the administration, operations, deployment, and support of applications.
As our Systems Administrator, you will form part of the IT Operations section within the Digital team. Your goal will be to ensure that our applications and systems run smoothly and efficiently. You will be responsible for several applications including (but not limited to) the following areas; JAVA, .Net, Apache Tomcat, IIS running on Windows and/or Linux servers. You will also be voicing your opinion, knowledge, and ideas, as well as sharing the latest tech trends with your team to make an impact on the decision-making process.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill to have since this role involves diagnosing and resolving problems. Moreover, your people skills (and some patience too) will go along when you’re communicating with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. We would be glad if you already have good technical background however we give more importance to attitude – we will teach you the rest of the things you’re not familiar with. Plus, you will be surrounded by great colleagues who will be happy to share their experience and insights with you. This means that the more passionate you are about technology, and the more ambitious you are to learn and grow, the more you will thrive in this opportunity.
Does this sound like you? Here’s what you need to have to match our requirements:
- Excellent planning, organisation, tracking and monitoring skills.
- A ‘can-do’ and positive attitude
- Strong written communication and time management skills.
- Good understanding of Apache Tomcat, IIS, Java and .NET applications
- Possessing good knowledge of Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Good Knowledge of IP Networking and IT security
- Good understanding of application development and development methodologies.
This is how you can hit a few more plus points for this position:
- If you possess a University degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- If you enjoy food, cheerful colleagues, and a game of table soccer
If this describes you, then this is a glimpse of what you'll be doing:
- Being responsible to cooperate with team members to successfully deliver projects on time
- Producing technical/non-technical guide and documentation for new or modified systems/processes
- Producing effective project reporting
- Managing the operations related to maintaining applications
- Prioritising work according to the company needs and escalate in a timely manner when required
- Handling operations, support and deployment of applications according to IT schedules
- Adhering to company policies regarding data access, protection, integrity and security
- Maintaining a healthy relationship with suppliers, internal and external customers
- Addressing issues as appropriate to mitigate team conflicts and communication problems
- Sharing knowledge with all team members