Our client is a renowned group in the Financial and Banking Sector. They are looking to recruit a Systems Administrator.
Responsibility for the delivery of the Group Technology technical service desk function and for the delivery of technology operating processes to the Group offices, primarily for Mauritius and Singapore.
- Processing and coordination of appropriate/timely responses to Service Management incidents and requests and the provision of timely status updates. Ensuring the resolution (both reactive and proactive) of problems that include the classification, prioritisation and initiation of action, the documentation of; issue, activity and root causes, and the implementation of remedies to prevent future incidents/reoccurrence.
- To communicate in a professional manner with vendors, suppliers, the business and their external clients.
- The support of the capability, functionality and sustainability of infrastructure components (including hardware, software and network).
- To ensure that technology processes and procedures are documented, delivered and operated according to the principles of professional practices, agreed business criteria, accountability, openness, clarity of roles and responsibilities, and that there are effective systems for audit and control.
- To ensure that all assigned tasks, processes and activities are delivered in an accurate and timely manner.
- Delivery of assigned technology related projects.
- Analysis, measurement, reporting and improvement of technology services. Inclusive of the specification, implementation, documentation and operation of the technology infrastructure required to deliver and support properly engineered technology services necessary to meet the needs of the business.
- To maintain an in-depth knowledge of necessary technical specialisms within own area of responsibility and to provide expert advice regarding them.
- Goal orientation: Maintains focus on agreed objectives and deliverables.
- Technology Awareness: Fundamental understanding and experience of technology components, including; server and desktop infrastructure (physical and virtual), Networking and communications (e.g. LAN, WAN and Internet), Telephony and messaging solutions.
- Strategic Perspective: Keeps overall objectives and strategies in mind while also taking into consideration corporate, industry and professional standards.
- Disaster Recovery Implementation: Within the context of Technology delivery, implements countermeasures and contingency arrangements relating to the serious disruption of technology services.
- Professional Practices: Service Desk and Incident Management, Availability Management (inclusive of systems recovery), Change Management and Network Management.
The role requires that the individual ideally has:
- Three years’ experience in a similar technology focused service management role.
- A proven track record of delivering similar capabilities.
- Supporting qualifications (e.g. appropriate technical product specific and/or industry qualifications).
- A willingness to travel to other jurisdictions in the performance the role (primarily, to Singapore and Europe but not limited to).
Example Technology and methodologies:
- Active Directory / Windows Server (MS Server 2008 or above)
- Cloud Computing utilisation (IaaS, DaaS, AaaS and PaaS)
- Desktop technologies (e.g. VMware Horizon and Citrix, AppVol, end point protection)
- MS Exchange (MS Exch 2010 or above)
Problem Solving Requirements:
The resolution (both reactive and proactive) of problems throughout the information system and technology lifecycle, including classification, prioritisation and initiation of action, documentation of root causes and implementation of remedies to prevent future incidents.
Using appropriate approaches, to:
- Analyse and identify trends for all incidents and problems, resolving them in order of the level of business disruption they cause.
- Manage, control and resolve all problems, by diagnosis of their root cause.
- Innovate "work-arounds" and "quick fixes" wherever possible and/or necessary.
- Prevent avoidable incidents and problems wherever possible, by taking proactive actions to reduce or remove the cause and impact of any incidents and problems.
Typical tools and techniques used:
- Incident management and analysis techniques, and Service Desk tools used for the recording and management of all incidents.
- Configuration Management Database (CMDB) for the management of technology assets and components through their life cycles, including their relationships to other technology components.
- Knowledge Management tools for learning from past experience.
- Known Error database for logging and referencing 'work-rounds' and 'quick fixes'.
- Statistical analysis and trending tools, such as spreadsheets.
- Component Failure Impact Analysis (CFIA) techniques.
- System Outage Analysis (SOA) techniques.
- Effective and efficient coordination and management of problems, including communication to stakeholders on the progress of resolution and estimated time (ETA) for restoration of service.
- Anti-Money Laundering : The jobholder is required to complete regular, relevant training, howsoever delivered, as required by Bank Policy and local Regulations (as may be amended from time to time).
- The jobholder is required to comply with all anti money-laundering legislation in accordance with Bank Policy.
- The jobholder is required to confirm their complicity with the above and the understanding of their obligations by signing and returning their copy of the “Handbook obligations letter” issued to them by the Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
Interested candidates are invited to apply directly on the Castille Website and can also contact Deeya for more details.