5 months ago
A leading company is recruiting a Systems Engineer who will need to provide a professional level of service which promotes Technology throughout the group with the below key
- Effectively communicate in customer environments. There may be the need for travel to other group offices in order to deliver projects and services.
- Working within the IT team delivering IT Infrastructure solutions and support which spans offices in multiple jurisdictions and time zones
- Manage the maintenance and completion of IT operational tasks (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly)
- Ensure maximum availability and uptime of systems running on hardware, such as email systems and systems relying on database servers and file servers.
- Ensure that all systems are fully backed-up and resilient and that data is stored securely in line with IT security requirements.
- Implementation of IT strategy across the group and in agreement with the Executive Committee ·
- Ensure IT security is at the forefront of all delivery, minimising any potential risk of data loss from the organisation.
- Following acquisitions, assist when necessary the project team with the integration.
- Management of key hardware, including servers, firewalls and routers, switches, PC’s, printers and multi-function devices and telephone equipment.
- Work with suppliers and third parties in delivery of services and project, adhering to IT security requirements.
- Encouraging teamwork and assisting to develop fellow team member’s skills and knowledge.
- Uphold the company’s values by promoting a culture of professionalism and teamwork.
- Have a clear understanding of the company’s overall vision and direction.
Qualifications and Other Requirements:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent with certificates for technology areas (e.g. Hyper-V, Nimble storage, Windows Server 2016, AWS or Azure, O365, Citrix 6.5/7.15, ArcServe, Mimecast, McAfee EPO and encryption, PowerShell, Windows 7/10, ITIL v3).
- Advanced technical troubleshooting skills
- Advanced networking knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of working in a global team and in/for different jurisdictions
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience within a similar role
Find more Jobs in Mauritius