To join a well-known Maltese company in the IT field, the Systems Engineer will be responsible for the design, administration, maintenance, and management of core IT resources and systems, including server OS, storage, and virtualization services.
You will be expected to voice your ideas and share your knowledge to assist in decision-making and to contribute to long term plans and roadmaps - including the Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP), Technical Infrastructure Plan (TIP), Standard Operating Procedures and reference architectures.
- Be part of a team of experienced, supportive and fun people, with a special bond between them that makes work feel like home.
- Join a well-established company that has been operating for over 40 years.
- Competitive salary plus company benefits
- Providing technical recommendations on the selection of new systems related enterprise infrastructure
- Driving operational efficiencies that reduce cost and improve systems
- Being responsible to cooperate with all team members to successfully deliver projects on time
- Monitoring, maintaining and maturing storage, virtualization and tools associated systems and processes.
- Effectively overseeing installation and maintenance of hardware and software assets, within a framework of industry standards, by Third Parties
- Continuously identifying and recommending opportunities to leverage technology to improve the existing systems and processes.
- Producing technical/non-technical guide and documentation for new or modified systems/processes
- Producing effective project reporting
- Conducting proactive housekeeping of Systems and Infrastructure to ensure high availability and disaster recoveries are successful.
- Prioritizing work according to the company needs and escalate in a timely manner when required
- Handling operations, support and deployment of Systems according to IT schedules
- Adhering to company policies regarding data access, protection, integrity and security
- Maintaining a healthy relationship with suppliers, internal and external customers
- Addressing issues as appropriate to mitigate team conflicts and communication problems
- Doing explicit Knowledge sharing activities with all team members
- Good knowledge of Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- A ‘can-do’ and positive attitude
- Excellent planning, organization, tracking and monitoring skills.
- Ability to communicate complex information in simple and concise terms
- The ability to show wisdom in making decisions and acts under pressure in times of crisis with a view to what is most appropriate, reasonable, timely and realistic.
- It will be considered an asset:
- If you have a University degree in Computer Science/Engineering or 5 years of relevant experience;
- By possessing a professional IT certifications (ITIL, MCSE, CCNA, LPIC);
- Experience in designing and managing virtual infrastructures such as VMware and OpenStack;
- Experience delivering and improving storage (SAN/NAS) services;
- Very good knowledge of IP Networking and IT security.