For a business in the Technology field, the System Architect will act as a hands-on expert for the essential system and application infrastructure technologies.
- Opportunity to join a well-established business and work with a variety of cutting-edge technologies.
- Attractive salary package and company benefits: flexi-time, health insurance, gym allowance, social events, easy parking and more!
- Room for growth and professional development
- Act as a trusted technical advisor to leadership.
- Develop and maintain standards and principals for system and application infrastructure architecture.
- Decompose business requirements, identify and challenge assumptions, design/implement technical solutions.
- Develop and oversee technical proof of concepts for all new technology.
- Provide technical coaching and knowledge sharing with engineering staff.
- Continually evaluate the environment, identify inefficiencies and research improvements.
- Maintain awareness of developing standards, emerging technology, and industry trends.
- Interact with vendor’s technical representatives and perform RFP/RFI response design reviews.
- Assist in continuous improvement of technical operations and procedures.
- Assist in project and capacity planning and support technical operations when needed.
- Support customer facing requirements gathering and support as needed.
- 2+ years of developing, implementing, and maintaining system architectures.
- History of successful research, design, and implementation cycles.
- Strong experience with Linux (CentOS), Tomcat, MySQL, and ActiveMQ.
- Experience with virtualization, storage, and server platforms. VMware preferred.
- Experience with DevOps and system automation technology (Puppet, Ansible) will be considered an asset.
- “Full-stack” understanding of technology, from software to hardware.
- Exposure to high volume, high-availability web applications.
- Mastery of written and spoken English.
- Strong communication and documentation skills. Good presentation ability.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems both independently and within cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional business and technical knowledge.
- Excellent leadership, teamwork and communication skills.
- Driven, creative and results oriented.
- Able to manage work load and abide to tight deadlines.
- Awareness of Open Source community solutions and 3rd party solutions in the marketplace preferred.
- Experience using version control systems, preferably GIT, will be considered an asset.