Sr Systems Administrator
|Job Title:||Sr Systems Administrator|
|Location:||Ta' Xbiex, Malta|
|Contact Name:||Veronica Saavedra|
|Job Published:||February 26, 2018 08:13|
A well-established company in the financial services field is expanding their IT team. The Sr Systems Administrator will be responsible for the configuration, implementation, and maintenance of various technologies managed by the department. This person will focus on the administration of the network infrastructure to include desktop PC’s, servers, network equipment, and software applications; will assess and identify appropriate solutions to be integrated into the systems operation and make recommendations for implementation.
- Monitoring and maintaining the use of the company IT hardware resources.
- Developing, maintaining and monitoring procedures for all server backups.
- Monitoring, planning and coordinating the distribution of client/server software and service packs.
- Performing on-site and remote technical support.
- Coordinating the Helpdesk functionality of the company.
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation.
- Ensuring that the server rooms are operating at optimum efficiency at all times.
- Making recommendations for new equipment and services to purchase.
- Maintaining a comprehensive overview of the processes within the section, and reporting any key business risks across all levels.
- Assisting management to develop, communicate and instill a risk management culture, encouraging colleagues in risk management principles and practices.
- +3 years of experience in similar responsibilities.
- Excellent communication skills, able to interact with managers as well as members from other departments.
- Able to work in a team as well as independently, meeting deadlines, open to new ideas and processes.