Solutions Architect (Java)
|Job Title:||Solutions Architect (Java)|
|Contact Name:||Deeya Bheeroo-Hulloowan|
|Job Published:||April 17, 2019 09:37|
Our client, a technology-based investment company, is looking to hire a Solutions Architect (Java) to join their team.
They are looking for Solutions Architect with experience in designing high-performing, scalable, enterprise grade applications. Your main roles and responsibilities include designing medium to large application while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
- Design large or complex systems, covering for example: objectives, scope, constraints (such as performance, resources etc.), hardware, network and software environments, main system functions and information flows, data load and implementation strategies, phasing of development, etc…
- Take a leading technical role in systems development projects, both within systems design and in interfaces with other stages of development. Evaluates and undertakes impact analysis on major design options
- Assess and recommend software packages on their ability to meet all or parts of specified requirements and advises colleagues and management on their technical suitability Document all work in accordance with agreed standards.
- Review systems designs produced by colleagues to ensure that the design meets business needs, uses the appropriate technology and resources and facilitates the integration of multiple systems and technology
- Enhance the skills and capabilities of the development team by guiding and coaching them in development methodologies, selection of tools, framework, releases
Works under broad direction. Work is often self-initiated. Is fully accountable for meeting allocated technical and/or project/supervisory objectives. Establishes milestones and has a significant role in the delegation of responsibilities
Influences organisation, customers, partners and peers on the contribution of own specialism. Makes decisions which may impact on the work assigned to individuals or phases of projects. Has significant influence over the allocation and management of resources appropriate to given assignments.
Advises on the available standards, methods, tools and applications relevant to own specialism and can make appropriate choices from alternatives. Analyses, designs, plans, executes and evaluates work to time, cost and quality targets. Assesses and evaluates risk. Communicates effectively, both formally and informally. Demonstrates leadership.
- Java 8, Spring Framework (Spring Boot, Spring Web MVC, Spring Integration, Spring Data)
- ORM Frameworks (Java Persistence API/JPA, Hibernate) / SQL & Databases (PostgreSQL, H2, MySQL, Oracle)
- Java Message Service (JMS) / Working Experience in Amazon Web Services, Docker • Good knowledge of java security API, socket programming, JAAS, JCA, JSSE, TLS, PKI
- Strong Experience in Micro Services Architecture and Web Services in general (SOAP, REST)
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Mgt, Transaction Mgt)
- Experience in developing web applications using web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Experience in working with payment gateways and developing payment solutions will be a definite advantage
Interested candidates are invited to apply directly on the Castille Website or contact Deeya for more details.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's