Solutions Architect – IT Operations
|Job Title:||Solutions Architect – IT Operations|
|Job Published:||April 02, 2019 16:25|
We’re looking for a critical thinker and a problem solver who has the ability to juggle multiple priorities and takes decisions to ensure work plans meet project goals whilst executing activities related to the design, implementation, and administration of systems and applications.
As our Solutions Architect – IT Operations, you will be reporting to the Senior Manager – IT Operations within the Digital team. You will be a key player in Digital projects whereby you will be overseeing and managing projects from requirement-gathering stage to collaborating with IT teams to execute your proposed enhancements and solutions.
The recipe to stand out in this position includes having the right amount or charisma combined with assertiveness and good communication skills that will help you build relationships with various stakeholders. Additionally, if you succeed in a learning environment, and find joy in convincing others to believe in your ideas, whilst working to transform them into reality, this will be an opportunity you’ll definitely enjoy.
Does this sound like you? Here’s what you need to have to match our requirements:
- A Diploma in IT or equivalent.
- Good Planning, tracking and monitoring skills.
- Strong written communication and time management skills.
- Good knowledge of hardware (server, network and storage), applications and operating systems (Windows, Linux).
- Good Knowledge of Security and IP Networking.
This is how you can hit a few more plus points for this position:
- If you possess a University degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- If you enjoy food, get-togethers, and cheeky colleagues
If this describes you, then this is a glimpse of what you'll be doing:
- Gathering requirements, analysing, proposing improvements and security concepts and liaising with IT teams to execute proposed enhancements or solutions.
- Designing processes and procedures for better security, operational efficiency and action corrective measures accordingly.
- Coordinating with other internal IT staff, suppliers and internal or external clients to resolve issues to deliver projects effectively and efficiently.
- Escalating issues in a timely manner to suppliers/vendors, stakeholders and IT management.
- Reporting work progress and KPI reports adequately and in a timely manner.