Software Development Team Lead
|Job Title:||Software Development Team Lead|
|Contact Name:||Apply Here|
|Job Published:||August 22, 2017 10:24|
The Software Development function supports teams across Vodafone’s organisation in providing robust and high quality software that ranges from lower to the highest complexity, scope and business value.
The role leads a team of Software Developers, plans and supervises the work of the team, balances workload, assesses and mitigates risks. Advises the team in their professional work, creates & implements a competence development plan to increase quality of delivery and process.
Key Accountabilities / Key Activities:
Execution of software development life cycle:
- Assist the Software Solutions Senior Executive in defining the sections guidelines with respect to the various areas of the SDLC.
- Assist team members in learning new / current software development related technologies.
- Analysis of requirements and detailed design.
- Software implementation, customisation, configuration and unit / integration testing.
- Application software maintenance (for in-house developed software).
- Active participation in application deployment/integration.
- Active participation in Technical Architecture decision processes.
Project team member:
- Active participation in internal and external project teams, representing the IT Department.
- Undertakes to promote teamwork and commitment with peers and other departments.
- Be a key player in the problem-solving tasks assigned both individually and/or part of a team.
- Demonstrates world class expertise in the subject field by being recognised internally and externally as a key subject matter expert, and being active in the wider industry community.
Assess industry developments:
- Keeps up to date with industry developments and explores new and innovative technologies ensuring that best practice is adopted and seeks to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ability to learn new programming languages, and pick up new technologies.
- Follow the methodologies and best-practices stated by the section guidelines.
- Undergoes training and personal development courses as arranged by the Company.
- Conduct business reviews and develop recommendations for feature and application design and delivery.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- University degree in Computer Science, IT, Software Engineering or a related subject;
- Minimum 3 years hands-on experience in Software Development preferably in Java;
- Minimum 1 year experience in leading a Software Development team;
- 2 years hands on experience in SQL. Experience in Oracle PL/SQL would be considered an asset;
- High standard of software programming techniques and unit test coverage;
- Experience with micro service architecture, enterprise messaging and orchestration systems (e.g. RabbitMQ, MuleSoft ESB, OSB, JMS, Camel, EIP, AMQP, MQTT), RESTful web services, JSON, XML and Spring Framework would be considered an asset;
- Experience of performing Scrum Master duties will be considered an asset;
- Hands on experience in application servers and middleware (e.g. Apache, SUN application server, Tomcat, GlassFish) would be considered an asset;
- Experience in source management and CI/CD tools such as GIT, SVN, Jenkins, Maven and Docker will be considered an asset;
- Minimum basic knowledge of IP protocols;
- Knowledge of UML design techniques;
- Knowledge of both process driven and agile software-development methodologies;
- Knowledge of telecommunications network systems and services considered an asset;
- Ability to adapt quickly to a dynamic environment.