|Job Title:||Settlements Officer|
|Contact Name:||Stefani Grech|
|Job Published:||June 03, 2019 11:18|
An established international bank having offices in Malta is currently seeking to recruit a Settlements Officer to join their local team. Chosen candidate will be responsible for settlement of securities within the market and effecting all the necessary bookings on customer accounts.
The chosen candidate will be supporting the trading team on day-to-day operations
The job entails:
- Setting up of securities in master data base;
- Effecting all the necessary trade bookings on customer portfolio accounts ( including foreign exchange transactions);
- Processing of security instructions in the market, DVP settlements within the Clearstream and Euroclear system;
- Transfers in and out of security positions;
- Reconciliation of security positions and cash balance;
- Identifying trade discrepancies and unmatched trades as well as mitigating the risks related to the trade life-cycle;
- Resolving external and internal queries relating to trade settlements from brokers, clients and custodians;
The ideal candidate should:
- Be in possession of a Degree in Banking & Finance or related discipline or Diploma from a reputable college or have previous experience in a similar position with a reputable firm.
- Have good knowledge of capital markets, financial products and asset servicing.
- Be well organised and flexible to learn and perform different tasks and duties.
- Have good IT and strong attention to detail.
- Be able to work in a team.