Service Operations Centre Specialist
|Job Title:||Service Operations Centre Specialist|
|Job Published:||June 13, 2019 11:22|
As a Service Operations Centre (SOC) Specialist, you will be on the front lines of defending the company’s most valued IT systems and networks. In this new position, you will ensure that our customers’ networks run without issues and implementing proactive measures to guarantee 100% up-time of their setups.
You will form part of a team who is responsible to provision and monitor customer networks and services through GO custom portals. Solutions offered include Layer 2 and Layer 3 connectivity, Customer WiFi networks, Customer switching infrastructure and Customer CCTV systems. The team also supports GO’s customers by troubleshooting issues on GO’s network both locally and internationally.
If you like to take on challenges and would like to work in a dynamic environment, then this position in our Service Operations Centre may be the right one for you.
Does this sound interesting to you? Here’s what you need to have to match our requirements:
- A Technical qualification such as an ICT/Engineering related Degree OR an Industry certification such as CCNA / CCNP / LPIC;
N.B. We shall also consider applicants who as yet do not have industry certification but are committed to achieve this within 2 years of joining the team. Selected applicants in this case will start in the role of Junior Specialist, with progress to Specialist once certifications are achieved.
- Prior knowledge or a strong commitment to learn on technologies such as: Transport and Transmission systems (Optics, WDM, SDH), IP security, ISP aggregation, ISP services (email, DNS), VOIP/VOBB/SIP and Mobile network elements (Voice/Packet Core, IN) & technologies (2G, 3G, LTE).
Here’s how you can hit a few plus points for this position:
- 2 years’ experience in an IT operational environment, running IT/Telecommunication services on a 24x7 basis.
If this describes you then this is a glimpse of what you will be doing:
- 2nd level management, monitoring and troubleshooting of the Company’s IP/Broadband, Metro Ethernet Network, MPLS, Mobile Packet Core and GO’s Optical Transport Networks including DWDM, CWDM, SDH and submarine cable system monitoring through the operation of the respective Network Management Systems;
- 2nd level management, monitoring and troubleshooting of the company’s Telephony (Fixed and Mobile) services both local and international through the use of the respective Network Management Systems and tools - including VOBB/SIP, Mobile core network elements (Voice/Packet Core, IN) and Mobile technologies (2G, 3G, LTE);
- Provide 2nd level support and liaise directly with 3rd parties (including clients, suppliers and other operators) starting from problem identification through to problem resolution;
- Implement appropriate operational procedures in accordance with international norms and standards in order to ensure that system downtime is minimised and a high-level of service is guaranteed;
- Proactively monitor the performance of all the Network Elements in order to forecast potential issues and advise the third level teams or customers, to take the necessary actions;
- Provide assistance and operational support to other internal teams and co-location clients either over the phone, via email or on-site in the company’s data centres;
- Technical support to SLA and other corporate customers;
- Provisioning of PBX services on GO’s System;
- Provisioning of SD-WAN services through GO’s SD-WAN solution;
- Assist in the execution of projects, in the implementation of preventive and corrective maintenance, in the compilation of statistics, in the execution of operational procedures, configurations and other ad-hoc tasks;
- Responsibility to acquire competence necessary for the maintenance and operation through active participation in training programs and by taking initiative to acquire further knowledge during the course of your duties;
- Development of knowledge and skills in network and system administration, particularly in regard to GO's own architecture and platforms.