about 1 month ago
Overview of the role
The Service Delivery Manager will have team management responsibility, be very commercially focused and a self-starter. This role will have responsibility for delivering first class IT services and technologies being outsourced to Malta by HWS Informationssysteme GmbH-Germany and possibly new customers based in Malta.
Working in a 24×7 environment, the Service Delivery Manager is responsible for overseeing all SLA’s, managing and coordinating urgent and complicated support issues, and acting as an escalation point for all services. This position will be responsible for maintaining the process and procedures compliant from both Customer and Internal perspective.
For this role it is eminent that the candidate should have proven IT Service Delivery background with experience of varied technologies and proven people management skills.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Together with respective technology leads from Germany, apply shift planning, define responsibilities and distribute workload and tasks
- Recommend appropriate process and procedure revisions as needed to focus on continuous improvement
- Communicate all issues, escalations and emergencies to appropriate staff
- Support HWS management in setting up and delivering operations for additional/new services from Malta
- Assist with recruitment, onboarding and employee training
- Mentor and coach staff and ensure their professional development through continuing education and professional affiliations/associations
- Propagate positive teamwork across work groups & drive business results
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Possess an IT degree and certifications such as CCNA/ PMP/ ITIL
- 3+ years of work experience in the IT sector
- Knowledge of ITIL a plus
- Working knowledge with VMware, Microsoft Active Directory, as well as Red Hat Linux operating systems is considered an asset
- Ability to lead and motivate teams working in a challenging and dynamic environment
While this position is based in Malta, the hired applicant may be provided with adequate training in Germany as part of their induction!