A business in the Technology field is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer (Windows) who will be responsible for the design, implementation and support of Microsoft Active Directory and Windows-based systems.
- Opportunity to join a well-established business and work with a variety of cutting-edge technologies.
- Attractive salary package and company benefits: flexi-time, health insurance, gym allowance, social events, easy parking and more!
- Room for growth and professional development
- Leading the redesign, implementation, maintenance and support of a highly available Active Directory infrastructure platform
- Providing capacity planning and performance monitoring for the systems
- Responsibility for daily technical operations and service request resolution
- Identifying and mitigate issues that impede application service delivery
- Researching improvements or shortfalls of existing applications and make suggestions
- Investigating and reporting on new technologies and systems as requested
- Developing strategies to implement systems into the infrastructure
- Gathering or relating technical requirements to/from non-technical people
- Being accountable for success of projects and duties assigned
- Documenting all designs, systems and procedures
- Designing, proposing and building reliable business systems.
- Performing monitoring and preventive maintenance on application servers
- Troubleshooting advanced multi-application process issues
- Serving as escalation point for complex support issues
- Ensuring that production support issues are initially responded to in 15 minutes or less or are escalated to management
- Form part of a 24/7 on-call roster
- Degree in IT or approximately 8-10 years’ experience in an IT infrastructure environment
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory, including design, migration and administrative experience in a multi-site, multi-national environment including multiple domains
- Experience with Windows 2012 R2, PowerShell, Dell Active Roles (ARS), DNS, PKI and Certificate Authorities, Windows Clustering and HA, VMware ESXi, and NetApp Storage
- PowerShell scripting experience
- MCSE Certification or significant progress towards certification is required
- Strong grasp of network design and security
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of employees/management. Excellent communication skills
- Desire to continue developing your skills and knowledge as an engineer and continue to improve your abilities, broadening your knowledge on different technologies and providing ideas and solutions for long-term platform improvements