22 days ago
Our client – with expertise in offshore companies, trusts and fund administration, and offices across Mauritius, Seychelles, Kenya – is looking for a Senior Systems & Network Administrator.
The key responsibilities are:
- Plans and coordinates the setup, installation, and configuration of operating system (including hardware and software), new software releases, and upgrades.
- Monitors, tunes, diagnoses, and resolves complex operating system, application, and database problems; monitors network performance to determine future requirements.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the Windows server infrastructure and related IT systems.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoots, maintains, and resolve complex hardware and software problems, typically related to system failures, with servers, hardware, operating systems, security, applications, database structures, and data protection.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, backup/recovery, disaster recovery, standards and service provisioning.
- Handle security user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases, and during data transfer in accordance to business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Develops, tests, and implements complex scripts to automate common functions or system operations.
- Consults with users to identify existing system problems then evaluates and recommends various software and hardware solutions to meet user needs.
- Develops, maintains, and publishes complex custom reports in response to business user needs.
- Practice hardware/software asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Maintain documentation for policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use.
- Optional & As and when required: Provide work direction and guidance to team members: ensure accuracy of the work of team members, their ability to operate under deadlines and to work on multiple tasks
- Optional & As and when required: Contribute in capability members’ performance reviews and provide input into their learning and career plans
- Any other cognate duties that may from time to time be required which are appropriate to the role and business requirements.
The Key Skills are:
- Experience and knowledge working with server and storage hardware, software, including HyperV, VMWare, Windows, Linux, etc.
- Experience with Virtualization technologies like Hyper-V, VMware or Citrix
- Experience in installing, configuring, and maintaining server hardware. Operating systems, storage, backup hardware and associated network equipment
- Strong understanding of server virtualization infrastructure concepts and tools
- Understanding of or experience with NAS and/or SAN technologies, Filesystem , Data stores and LUN Manipulation
- Understanding of and experience with Microsoft operating systems (2012/2016), Active Directory & Domain architecture, NTFS permissions, DNS, OS security, and systems patching.
- Experience working in a multi-server environment is required with knowledge of clustering technologies and strategies.
- Understanding of or experience in supporting web servers including services, application pools and threshold monitoring.
- Understanding of or experience with backup software and recovery strategies.
- Understanding of or experience with server hardware.
- Scripting skills - PERL, Powershell, batch, and/or VB would be an advantage
- Microsoft (MCSA,MCSE) would be an advantage
- Ability to work under pressure and to deal with multiple tasks.
- Good IT/communications background and problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal, team-build and leadership skills.
- Exemplary time management, organizational and communication skills.
- Must be flexible to work extended hours and after office hours.
Interested candidates are invited to apply directly on the company website. You can also contact Deeya for more details on this vacancy.