Senior Software Engineer (Full-Stack)
|Job Title:||Senior Software Engineer (Full-Stack)|
|Contact Name:||Meldon Borg|
|Job Published:||October 15, 2019 13:03|
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (FULL-STACK)
The Senior Software Engineer will be part of a small technology team that is agile and delivers solutions for our customers in a fast and efficient manner. You will help deliver innovative technologies that revolutionize the Vacation Rental Management space. You will collaborate closely with different stakeholders to design, develop and maintain our Java-based platform, and the applications that reside on and integrate to it. Working closely with the CTO, and with your expertise and experience in engineering solutions for complex problems, you will help shape the future of our platform and applications, to continuously raise the bar in vacation rental.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to contribute toward the delivery of high-quality software
- Lead by example, champion best engineering practices
- Evaluate and provide feedback on emerging technologies to determine potential benefits and business value
- Leverage your experience in driving, influencing, and/or collaborating on continuous improvements within your team and across the department
- You have 5+ years of experience in a similar role, working on different software projects and you are keen on sharing the lessons you learnt with your fellow engineers
- You have well-rounded knowledge of current technologies and engineering practices, and you keep up to date with latest developments
- You have extensive knowledge of relevant technologies; you are an expert in server-side/backend technologies, particularly Java 8, Spring, Hibernate, and you are comfortable with using frontend technologies like Angular JS 2, React JS etc.
- You are familiar with microservices and tools associated with such an architecture –Kafka, Zookeeper, Docker etc.
- Knowledge and experience in Mobile App development technologies, such as React Native, Flutter, etc. is considered as asset
- You are an active practitioner of test-driven development using JUnit, Mockito (or similar), and Jest or Mocha
- You have a delivery-mindset; you set high-standards for yourself in your work but are pragmatic and able to balance the various constraints involved in delivering software to produce satisfactory results in a timely fashion
- You bring a can-do attitude; you can think independently, take initiative, and take ownership and pride in your work
- You can effectively communicate ideas with technical or non-technical stakeholders
- You embrace core Agile values and you have strong team spirit;