2 months ago
The person occupying this position will:
- advise clients operating in the financial services sector;
- assist with MFSA license applications;
- assist clients with drafting and keeping up to date policies and procedures;
- advise on ongoing regulatory and anti-money laundering compliance;
- liaise with the MFSA for our clients on an ongoing basis.
The ideal candidates for this job should have:
- a licence to practice law;
- a first degree in Law;
- a minimum of three to five years’ (Mid-Level Associates) or five to fifteen years’ (Senior Associates) post qualification experience with a well-respected law firm’s financial services practice, or demonstrably equivalent in-house experience, whether in the private sector or with a regulator.
The following will be considered an asset:
- a Masters degree from a reputable University;
- Working knowledge of another language besides English;
- experience of contract drafting and negotiations;
- litigation experience;
- experience of tax law.
Remuneration & conditions of work
Working with our firm is a career choice rather than just a job. We aim to provide our people with an environment where they can flourish, professionally and personally. An excellent remuneration package will be offered to the selected candidates, and we will always seek to provide our candidates with the support and tools they require to develop their potential.