Senior Policy Officer within Strategy and Policy
|Job Title:||Senior Policy Officer within Strategy and Policy|
|Job Published:||August 28, 2019 13:17|
About Strategy and Policy
The Strategy and Policy Function is a new MFSA function set up within the Strategy, Policy and Innovation Directorate. The function is tasked with developing MFSA strategy and propose key priority areas, formulate and implement policies for the strengthening of Malta's framework for the regulation of financial services and implement policy projects in line with the MFSA strategy and vision.
Within this role your main duties will include:
- Leading strategy and policy projects;
- Assisting in the drafting of function’s internal Policies and Procedures Manual/s;
- Assisting the function’s management in undertaking regular long-term strategic reviews relative to the identified MFSA strategy and policy;
- Assisting in the development of the MFSA’s strategy and propose key priority areas which may be tapped into by the MFSA, how these should be developed going forward, taking stock of the required operational changes to ensure due implementation;
- Liaising with the Authority’s Legal, EU and International Affairs Function as well as other Governmental bodies and act as the main contact point to facilitate communication channels;
- Participating in local, EU, local and international fora, including the relevant committees of the European Supervisory Authorities, which may impinge on the Authority’s strategies and policies;
- Participating in local meetings held at the Ministry of Finance and attend sittings at Parliament’s committee stage;
- Liaising and cooperating with foreign regulators;
- Participating in the recruitment of staff and performance appraisal processes;
- Undertaking other tasks as delegated by the Head and the Office of the Chief Officer, Strategy Policy and Innovation.
We are looking for enthusiastic candidates who would like to apply their solid academic background in Law, Accountancy, Finance, Business and Information Technology or in any other related qualification, to innovative areas of finance. You will be expected to have a sound knowledge of financial services legislation and regulatory framework and have the ability to manage competing priorities and a challenging workload.
You are also expected to be a confident individual who is flexible and dynamic, be a great leader and have a critical and analytical mind-set. Excellent written and spoken communication as well as presentation skills are a must.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level. You will also possess a minimum of six (6) years work experience in policy, supervision and/or financial services.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least fifteen (15) years of relevant experience in a similar related role, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Chief Officer within Enforcement
Senior Analyst (Enforcement) within Enforcement
Analyst (Banking and FIs) within Authorisation Unit
Financial Analyst within Insurance and Pensions Supervision Unit
Analyst (Actuarial) within Insurance and Pensions Supervision - Grade 7