Senior Manager within the Academy for Financial Supervisors
|Job Title:||Senior Manager within the Academy for Financial Supervisors|
|Job Published:||April 08, 2019 13:41|
About the Academy for Financial Supervisors
An MFSA Academy, set up within the Strategy, Policy and Innovation Directorate, is tasked with the training of financial supervisors. The Academy will ensure continuous learning and debate on supervisory matters and mechanisms, with a view to inter alia strengthening knowledge on financial supervision and techniques within the Authority. The Academy will aim at promoting consistent supervisory approaches between the Authority’s different functions.
The Academy shall prepare an annual training programme for MFSA staff and will organise seminars to be delivered by experienced Maltese and foreign financial professionals. The training will tackle new areas of financial regulation and supervision including in the field of emerging technologies. The Academy shall also organise workshops to discuss specific investigative and enforcement cases carried out by the MFSA and foreign regulators. The Academy shall establish relations with other similar academies internationally.
The eventual appointee will be appointed at senior manager level and will manage the Academy for Financial Supervisors.
The eventual appointee will:
- Set up the Academy for Financial Supervision;
- Provide input to the Chief Officer - Strategy, Policy and Innovation in setting objectives
- and goals for Academy for Financial Supervision;
- Prepare and implement the annual training programme for the Academy for Financial
- Proactively lead, coach and manage the staff members of the Academy for Financial Supervisors;
- Act as a mentor to the staff members of the Academy for Financial Supervisors to
- achieve their continuous professional and development goals; and
- Undertake other tasks as delegated by the Chief Officer – Strategy, Policy and Innovation.
- We are looking for a candidate with an Honours Degree in Management. A relevant postgraduate degree would be considered an asset.
- You will also possess a minimum of seven (7) years working experience, including in training in the field of financial services.
- Strong leadership, people management skills and the ability to set priorities of a challenging workload and qualities required for this post.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least fifteen (15) years of relevant work experience in a related role, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. MFSA, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at MFSA.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Manager (Cybersecurity) within Cybersecurity and ICT risk
Senior Analyst (Enforcement) within Enforcement
Financial Analyst within Insurance and Pensions Supervision Unit
Senior Analyst (Funds, Offsite) within Securities and Markets Supervision
Analyst (Onsite Supervision) within Banking Supervision Unit