Senior Manager within FinTech & Innovation
|Job Title:||Senior Manager within FinTech & Innovation|
|Job Published:||August 28, 2019 13:44|
About FinTech & Innovation
The FinTech and Innovation Function, set up within the Strategy, Policy and Innovation Directorate, is responsible for the setting up and maintenance of the MFSA’s regulatory sandbox and innovation hub. It is also tasked with the authorisation and supervision of licence holders under the Virtual Financial Assets Act and provides support to other functions within the Authority with respect to the various applications of FinTech in the ‘traditional’ financial services sector. The Function is also tasked with the promotion of FinTech and innovation within the domestic financial services sector.
As Senior Manager in Grade 5, you will be responsible for the following:
- The implementation of the MFSA FinTech Strategy;
- Overseeing the processing of applications/appointments/amendments to authorisations under the Virtual Financial Assets Act and eventual supervision under the framework;
- Providing input to the Head of Function in setting objectives and goals for the function;
- Represent the MFSA in EU and international fora and engage with other competent authorities as necessary;
- Resource allocation and the coordination of team projects;
- Creating and maintaining policies and procedures of the team;
- Proactively lead, coach and manage the members of the team, providing leadership and direction;
- Mentoring members of the team to achieve their professional and development goals;
- Undertaking other tasks as delegated by the Head and the Office of the Chief Officer, Strategy Policy and Innovation.
We are looking for enthusiastic candidates who would like to apply their solid academic background in Law, Accountancy, Finance, Business and Information Technology or in any other related qualification, to innovative areas of finance. In addition, you will also need to have strong leadership and people management skills and the ability to manage competing priorities and a challenging workload. Sound knowledge of the financial services regulatory framework is required and experience within compliance, supervisory environment would be considered an asset.
You are also expected to be a confident individual who is flexible and dynamic, having a critical and analytical mind-set. Excellent written and spoken communication as well as presentation skills are a must.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
You will also possess a minimum of eight (8) years working in the area of financial services, with solid experience in financial regulation and in particular the Virtual Financial Assets Act and FinTech.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least fifteen (15) years of relevant experience in a similar related role, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Manager (Cybersecurity) within Cybersecurity and ICT risk
Senior Analyst (Funds, Offsite) within Securities and Markets Supervision
Chief Officer within Enforcement
Analyst (Onsite Supervision) within Banking Supervision Unit
Junior Assistant within Securities and Markets Supervision