Senior Manager within Data Management and Business Intelligence
|Job Title:||Senior Manager within Data Management and Business Intelligence|
|Job Published:||April 08, 2019 13:39|
The Data Management and Business Intelligence function is responsible to assist and support management and other operational employees make better and more informed business decisions. The function will aid to cut costs, identify new business opportunities, and spot inefficient business processes.
The selected candidate shall report to the Head of function and shall be responsible to assist with the alignment of the Data Management and Business Intelligence strategy.
- Designs, develops, deploys, documents, maintains and supports MFSA’s data warehouse and BI layer under the supervision and guidance of the Head of Data Management. This includes developing, extending and maintaining dimensional database schemas, and developing, implementing and maintaining extract-transform-load (ETL) processes, ensuring that data integrity standards are met.
- Manages a small team of Data Warehouse and BI professionals.
- Improves ongoing Due Diligence Intelligence for supervisory teams leveraging internal and external data and automating related tasks in supervisory processes.
- Resolves data incompatibilities between and among data sources to produce a consolidated set of data that uses consistent naming rules and observes consistent data definitions. Creates, publishes and maintains data dictionaries and metadata.
- Improves regulatory reporting efficiency.
- Serves as a resource for supervisory functions and staff providing research, consultation, ad hoc reporting, and troubleshooting as required, thereby provided Business Intelligence as a service to supervisory teams.
- Works in close collaboration with IT professionals in other functions responsible for underlying compute, storage and network infrastructure, middleware, security, administration of other Information Systems, and systems integration.
We are looking for candidates with an academic background in computer Science, information science, data forensics or similar at MQF level 6.
The ideal candidate exhibits strong leadership skills, professional integrity and accountability with the ability to foster and manage relationships with stakeholders. They will have proven experience in managing an Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence environment, and experience with SQL as well as BI visualisation tools.
They will capable of working within a fast paced environment and have the ability to effectively analyse, evaluate and resolve problems. They must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be meticulous, detail-oriented and systematic in handling complex data environments
Experience with visualisation tools using Microsoft technologies is considered an asset.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. MFSA, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at MFSA.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Manager (Cybersecurity) within Cybersecurity and ICT risk
Junior Assistant within Securities and Markets Supervision
Senior Analyst (Enforcement) within Enforcement
Analyst (Trusts and CSPs) within Authorisation Unit
Analyst (Banking and FIs) within Authorisation Unit