Senior Manager (Unauthorised Business) within Enforcement - Grade 5
|Job Title:||Senior Manager (Unauthorised Business) within Enforcement - Grade 5|
|Job Published:||October 12, 2018 08:45|
The eventual appointee will work closely with the Head and Deputy Head and will lead and coordinate a team of analysts. The Senior Manager (Enforcement) will have a senior role in the review of actions and where necessary the conduct of investigations of entities or persons who have or are suspected of undertaking financial services activity without a licence in breach of applicable laws, regulations, rules or other regulatory requirements. The Senior Manager (Enforcement) will also be responsible for the investigation of persons carrying on financial services activities without having the necessary licence or authorisations.
The duties and responsibilities of the Senior Manager (Enforcement) shall include:
- Oversight, coordination and leadership of investigative and enforcement teams
- Senior role in investigative and enforcement work
- Coordination with supervisory functions and other sectors within the MFSA
- Discussing investigative strategy with the Director or Deputy Director
- Collection and analysis of information, documentation and evidence
- Holding meetings with licence holders and unauthorised persons under investigation
- Leading on-site investigation visits and surprise inspections
- Analysing and assessing findings of investigations
- Identifying breaches or wrongdoing
- Preparing and/or reviewing investigation reports
- Preparation and/or review of memos for submission to the Supervisory Council
- Following up on decisions of the Supervisory Council
- Investigation of unauthorised business, dubious and/or fraudulent activities
- Preparation and/or review of notices and warnings to the public
- Preparation and/or review of reports to the police
- Other duties and tasks as may be assigned by the Director or Deputy Director.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in financial services, accountancy and/or law or in any related background in relation to the functions related to the post.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- You will also possess a minimum of eight (8) years working in the area of financial services. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least fifteen (15) years within a compliance or an investigative and/or analytical environment, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's