Senior Manager Software Development
|Job Title:||Senior Manager Software Development|
|Reference:||REFA - IT|
|Job Published:||January 09, 2019 16:25|
Are you interested in working towards shaping the future? We are looking for a Senior Manager to lead our Software Development Team.
Reporting to the Chief Digital Officer you will be required to lead highly talented Java and .Net teams that are responsible for the development of the Company’s internally developed systems and platforms that support a wide range of critical services. As a Senior Manager, you will lead all phases of the software development life cycle in order to deliver working solutions to complex business and technical problems and will be a key driver in delivering new functionality or integrating best of breed off-the-shelf platforms. You will be responsible for the continuous improvement of our software development services, using best practices in software development.
- Be responsible for the various team’s pipelines ensuring Agile development practices are followed throughout;
- Work with architects and development leads to ensure all development is based on best practices;
- Provide technical leadership to the developer team;
- Review requirements, provide estimates and assist with implementation and unit and integration testing;
- Manage the code review process;
- People Management of both on-shore and off-shore teams;
- Maintain knowledge of and propose technical advances based on newer technologies;
- Work with Enterprise Architects to develop programming guidelines/standards and ensure they are adopted and followed by the entire development team;
- Prioritize tasks and issues successfully;
- Ensure adequate sharing of knowledge and distribution of responsibilities to eliminate/mitigate points of failure.
Skills and Experience
- 5 years+ experience in leading an Agile Development team.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT
- Extensive development experience in a wide range of technologies, including Java, .Net/C#, MVC, Web services and SQL.
- Extensive experience using Scrum and Kanban as well as tools like Jira Agile, Confluence, Git, GitLab.