Authorisation (AU) is responsible for the processing of applications of entities proposing to carry out activities in the areas of banking, securities, insurance and pensions, trusts and Company Service Providers. These activities are regulated and supervised by the MFSA in its role as single regulator of financial services in Malta. The Authorisation, with a staff complement of 35, is the entry point for a regulated entity to operate in Malta. AU is a multidisciplinary team consisting of professionals from different academic backgrounds.
The Senior Manager (Securities) will:
- Have a thorough practical knowledge in the Regulatory Framework applicable to the Investment Firms and Collective Investment Schemes;
- Conduct second reviews of applications for the issue of licences;
- Provide general guidance to members of staff within the team and act as a reference pointvto the team handling the reviews of application;
- Work across functions with peers in other Units to ensure collaboration for shared goals;
- Facilitate goal-level creation for the team and cascade it to all workers with particular focusvon prioritizing work flow and meeting deadlines;
- Act as a point of liaison with applicants and stakeholders;
- Lead meetings with potential applicants;
- Participate in ‘ad hoc’ assignments related to specific issues that arise from time to time.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in financial services or any other related relevant background.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- You will also possess a minimum of eight (8) years working in the area of Securities and in a similar senior role, preferably in regulatory compliance. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least fifteen (15) years of relevant experience in a senior similar role, we would still be interested in speaking with you.