Senior Manager Records Management
|Job Title:||Senior Manager Records Management|
|Job Published:||June 13, 2019 11:54|
About Administration & Facilities
The Records function is administratively responsible for the management of physical records across their complete life cycle – from receipt, to classification, digitisation, distribution, preservation/archiving and safe disposal according to MFSA’s records management policy and in accordance with enterprise data classification and records management taxonomies established by the Authority’s Data Governance Committee. It is also responsible for centrally handling and routing of non-record paper documents received by MFSA to the rest of the organisation whether through digitisation workflows or traditional methods.
The Senior Manager’s duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Defines and develops the Authority’s records management strategy;
- Leads the transformation of the Authority’s records management processes;
- Formulates and overseas the implementation of policies, standards and procedures for record management;
- Plans, organises, directs, reviews, co-ordinates and establishes controls for all the Authority’s record management activities;
- Advises senior management on current and projected record management operational requirements;
- Serves as the department technical expert on authority-wide record digitisation issues;
- Works closely with the legal team to ensure that records are managed to protect the interests of the Authority and mitigate confidentiality-related risks;
- Co-ordinates with the Authority’s departments to ensure records creation, maintenance, use and disposal are in accordance with policies;
- Trains staff in record management principles and requirements;
- Leads a team of staff responsible for the implementation of the Authority’s records management program;
- Maintenance and upkeep of MFSA’s archives ensuring organised filing and controlled access;
- Ensures compliance with relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in archives and records management at National Qualification Framework Level six (6) or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working in a similar senior role. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred. If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.