Senior Manager – Pensions, Trusts and CSPs within Authorisation
|Job Title:||Senior Manager – Pensions, Trusts and CSPs within Authorisation|
|Job Published:||April 05, 2019 11:53|
Authorisation is responsible for the processing of licensing applications of entities carrying out activities in the banking, securities, insurance and pensions, trusts and Corporate Service Providers sectors. These activities are regulated and supervised by the MFSA in its role as single regulator of financial services in Malta.
Authorisation is the entry point for a financial services institution to operate in Malta. The Authorisation section is a multidisciplinary team consisting of professionals from different backgrounds and reviews an applicants’ business plan, funding sources, and persons in a position to exercise control on a given organisation. Licences issued in Malta can be used through passporting mechanisms to operate within European jurisdictions. In addition to issuing of licences, the section is responsible for processing passporting notifications under the relevant EU/EEA Directives. The section is also responsible for the processing of applications concerning change in control and change in approved persons’ suitability of persons under the various regulatory requirements.
The Senior Manager (Pensions, Trusts and CSPs) will:
- Lead a team dealing with applications in relation to Pensions, Trusts and Trustees and Company Service Providers including the Highly Qualified Persons and Qualified Persons regime;
- Have a thorough practical knowledge in the Regulatory Framework applicable to the Retirement Pensions, Trusts and Trustees and Company Services Providers;
- Conduct second reviews of applications for the issue of licences;
- Provide general guidance to members of staff within the team and act as a reference point to the team handling the reviews of application;
- Work across functions with peers in other Units to ensure collaboration for shared goals;
- Facilitate goal-level creation for the team and cascade it to all workers with particular focus on prioritizing work flow and meeting deadlines;
- Act as a point of liaison with applicants and stakeholders;
- Lead meetings with potential applicants;
- Participate in ‘ad hoc’ assignments related to specific issues that arise from time to time.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in a financial services area which may be considered as relevant to this post.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- You will also possess a minimum of three (8) years working in a related area. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (15) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
- Excellent organisational skills, and evidence of delivering projects to time and to high standard
- Excellent interpersonal skills, evidence of team working, confidence and credibility and interacting effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Excellent verbal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical capability and judgement to identify risk and adequate mitigation strategies
- Ability to work under pressure
- Motivation and interest in developing skills and knowledge
- Can demonstrate taking pride in work and taking it to higher standard
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Manager (Onsite Supervision – Funds) within Securities and Markets Supervision
Senior Analyst (Funds, Offsite) within Securities and Markets Supervision
Senior Manager (Onsite Supervision) within Banking Supervision Unit
Senior Analyst within Financial Stability
Senior Analyst (Finpro) within Conduct Supervision