Senior Manager (Onsite Supervision – Funds) within Securities and Markets Supervision
|Job Title:||Senior Manager (Onsite Supervision – Funds) within Securities and Markets Supervision|
|Job Published:||August 28, 2019 13:13|
About Securities and Markets Supervision
The Securities and Markets Supervision section is responsible for supervising investment services license holders, collective investment schemes, regulated markets, central securities depositaries, financial and non-financial entities falling under the scope of EMIR and recognised private collective investment schemes, registered tied agents and recognised administrators. The Unit is also responsible for the regulation and oversight of activities in capital markets including the processing of applications for admissibility to listing on Regulated Markets, the processing of notifications in terms of the Securitisation Act, the supervision of the continuing obligations of Listed Companies on Regulated Markets in Malta, the supervision of the markets to identify any market abuse and to carry out any appropriate reviews where applicable.
A large part of this role will involve the leading of the Onsite - Funds team and formulating the function's onsite inspection strategy with respect to collective investment schemes, fund managers, administrators and custodians. other than that, you will also:
- Raise and maintain fully updated a risk management system that would identify high risk and high impact licence holders that would be the target of a visit;
- Draw up an annual plan for the visits to be conducted with the plan showing a spread by type of licence holders;
- Be responsible for the achievement of the annual visit plan;
- Ensure that adequate preparation is carried out for onsite visits through a fully documented and comprehensive pre-visit report indicating areas which merit focus and attention;
- Ensure that visits are carried out up to high supervisory standards and that a proper image of MFSA is conveyed to licence holders during the conduct of visits;
- Engage with licence holders at a senior level with the gravitas and credibility that is expected by a regulator;
- Ensure that post visit documentation reports and exit letter are issued within a reasonable time from visit date and make sure of active follow-up and resolution of all issues communicated to licence holders in the exit letter;
- Issue Circulars and Guidance notes to the industry in relation to the onsite area;
- Mentor and train all direct reports and act as their role model as well as providing support to the Deputy Head and Head of the Department as may be required;
- Provide input to management on formulating supervisory strategy and ensure responsibility and ownership for the implementation of a number of strategic initiatives;
- Undertake other on-site assignments as delegated by the Director or Deputy Director.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in financial services or any other related relevant background with an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
You will also possess a minimum of seven (7) years working in the area of Securities and in a similar senior role. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least fifteen (15) years of relevant experience in a senior similar role, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
The following skills will also be very important within the role:
- A high degree of self-confidence;
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- Time management skills to cope with high work volume and ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines;
- Ability to challenge views etc. intelligently and constructively, showing a high degree of assertiveness in the process;
- Sound written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to lead and organise work of direct reports assigned, ensuring that these are coached, mentored and motivated to deliver and meet team objectives.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Junior Assistant within Securities and Markets Supervision
Head of Securities and Markets Supervision
Head of Securities and Markets Supervision
Analyst (Actuarial) within Insurance and Pensions Supervision - Grade 7
Financial Analyst within Insurance and Pensions Supervision Unit