Senior Manager – Business Intelligence and Analytics
|Job Title:||Senior Manager – Business Intelligence and Analytics|
|Job Published:||August 13, 2019 15:17|
About Data Management
The Data Management and Business Intelligence function is responsible for assisting and supporting management and other operational employees make better and more informed business decisions. The function will aid to cut costs, identify new business opportunities, and spot inefficient business processes.
Reporting directly to the Head of function, within this role you will be responsible for assisting with the alignment of the Data Management and Business Intelligence strategy. Some of the main duties you will be carrying out include:
- Managing a team of data warehousing and business intelligence specialists responsible for designing, developing, deploying, documenting, maintaining and supporting MFSA’s data warehouse and BI layer;
- Developing, extending and maintaining dimensional database schemas, and developing, implementing and maintaining extract-transform-load (ETL) processes, ensuring that data integrity standards are met;
- Creating and maintaining analytics datasets which are sourced from different systems and be mainly accountable for data integrity, data inventory and quality across systems;
- Creating, publishing and maintaining data dictionaries and metadata;
- Using data visualisation and advanced analytics for identifying patterns, complex relationships and trends in ongoing Due Dilligence Intelligence, using internal and external data to assess risk profiles in a real time manner to support the supervisory teams’ operations;
- Collaborating with stakeholders at all levels across the MFSA to identify how advanced analytics and automated operational reporting could support their key business decisions and impact revenue / reduce costs;
- Providing Business Intelligence as a service to internal MFSA teams, particularly supervisory functions and staff providing research, consultation, ad hoc reporting, and troubleshooting as required;
- Working in close collaboration with IT professionals in other functions responsible for underlying computer storage and network infrastructure, middleware, security, administration of other Information Systems, and systems integration;
- Providing coaching and mentorship to more junior members of staff on all aspects of analytics from business context to technical coaching.
Within this role you will need to have at least a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, information science, data forensics or similar at MQF Level 6 together with at least 2 years' experience in a people management and leadership position, having direct or indirect people responsibility.
You will also have had a minimum of 2 years’ experience in managing an Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence environment, and 3+ years’ experience with SQL as well as BI visualisation tools.
Working experience with Enterprise Data Warehousing and visualisation tools using Microsoft technologies will be considered an asset.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Meticulous, detail-oriented and systematic in handling complex data environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively analyse, evaluate and resolve problems
- Proven people leadership and mentoring skills
- A positive customer-oriented delivery approach with commitment to delivering to strict timelines
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Manager (Cybersecurity) within Cybersecurity and ICT risk
Senior Analyst (Insurance and Pensions)
Senior Analyst (Funds, Offsite) within Securities and Markets Supervision
Senior Audit Manager
€40,000 to €50,000
Senior Cybersecurity Manager