8 days ago
Our client is seeking a Senior Manager (Actuarial) to increase the current pool of internal quantitative, financial risk and actuarial expertise within Insurance and Pensions.
The eventual appointee will help to manage a multidisciplinary team involved in
the supervision of both life and non-life insurance and reinsurance undertakings, insuranceintermediaries, retirement scheme administrators, retirement schemes and funds.
- Applicants will be fully qualified actuaries and Fellow members of the Institute of Actuaries (FIA) or body of similar standing. Applicants who are in their final stages of becoming fully qualified actuaries may also be considered.
- Applicants will have worked in an insurance, quantitative or actuarial environment preferably in an oversight capacity, for a number of years with a required minimum of eight (8) years and preferably with twelve (12) years;
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of regulation, principles and best practice in the area of Insurance and/or Pensions;
- Applicants must be able to improve and challenge processes and procedures, and be able to manage competing priorities and a challenging workload.
- Responsible for management and coordination of daily tasks for the actuarial team including direct supervision of actuarial analysts;
- Leading teams managing the pre-application process for full and partial internal models for the Solvency Capital Requirement (SCR) calculation;
- Providing opinions and recommendations on the reporting obligations of insurance and reinsurance undertakings pursuant to the Solvency II Directive, including reporting and oversight of the Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA);
- Analysing of insurance and reinsurance undertakings’ technical reserves;
- Leading teams at on-site visits with respect to the Solvency II requirements;
- Reviewing all actuarial and statistical reports produced by the Actuarial team in the Unit.
- Contributing on papers issued by the IPSU on Insurance related subjects.
- Leading meetings with licence holders;