Senior Legal Officer within Resolution - Grade 6
|Job Title:||Senior Legal Officer within Resolution - Grade 6|
|Job Published:||October 15, 2018 08:57|
The Role of Senior Legal Officer
The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary team and will be expected to provide efficient and professional legal services and join fully in the various duties that are undertaken by Resolution including the following tasks as necessary:
- Provide legal advice to the Resolution Committee and underlying structures. The appointee will cooperate with the other authorities to ensure the legal quality and consistency of the BRRD as transposed;
- Transpose and implement any changes to the BRRD into national law, draft regulations, legislation, amend existing legislation as necessary;
- Liaise with both local and foreign authorities in providing input relating to draft technical standards and guidelines and recommendations, and their implementation;
- Drafting and vetting of memoranda of understanding negotiated from time to time;
- Monitoring EU legislation in resolution related areas, participate in meetings and provide input when necessary;
- Representing the Resolution Committee during legal proceedings at any court or tribunal as may be necessary from time to time and drawing up of legal documents as may be necessary;
- Representing the Resolution Committee in meetings that are held locally and/or overseas and assist with the analysis and preparation of comments on documents discussed in various Working Groups and Task Forces;
- Participation and co-ordination of meetings of the Resolution Committee;
- Provide legal input to documents and reports prepared by Resolution;
- The appointee may also be involved in on-site compliance visits;
- Supervise more junior staff as required;
- Undertake ad-hoc assignments related to resolution aspects, that may arise from time to time and to report on the outcome of such assignments as may be appropriate and necessary.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Law.
- The role requires a University of Malta Degree in Law (LL.D or Master of Advocacy level) or a comparable recognised legal qualification at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC), together with possession of a warrant to practice in the Courts of Malta. Possession of a post graduate degree in a discipline relevant to the financial services sector would be considered an asset.
- You will also possess a minimum of five (5) years working in a legal environment and/or within the financial services area for a number of years. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's