Senior Legal Counsel
|Job Title:||Senior Legal Counsel|
|Job Published:||February 22, 2018 11:02|
Credorax Bank Ltd is an established partner of VISA and MasterCard which provides Businesses with tailor-made solutions that allow them to process payments in their shops and on their websites. We are looking to recruit a Senior Legal Counsel to join our existing team.
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Legal Counsel are to;
- Managing the legal relationship between Credorax and its merchants and partners and advising executive management and the organization on contractual matters and litigation
- Developing and maintaining templates for commercial contracts per customer and partner segments as defined by the company
- Advising and acting as business owner for changes to card scheme mandates and regulations changes affecting the company’s service offering
- Liaising with product and business owner on changes to card scheme rules and technical requirements in order to ensure corporate compliance and that business strategy is supported
- Developing and maintaining policies & procedures to support legal on commercial opportunities
- Minimizing legal and commercial exposure to the company through robust review of contracts as requested by the business or executive management
- Drafting and reviewing of agreements with partners, international financial institutions and (IT) solution providers.
- Drawing up and revising of policies to ensure compliance with the card scheme rules, laws and regulations, industry mandates and best practices.
- Developing the legal team's card schemes compliance capabilities
- Contributing to the strategic agenda of the legal team in order to support the overall group strategy and operational targets.
- Identifying and mitigating risks associated with various business practices and operations
- Acting as a role model for other team members and peers in order to promote good behavior and commercial acumen across all teams in the company.
- A Law Degree from an accredited institution required; honors, high academic standing preferred
- Proven industry experience in the cards and payments sector
- 7+ years in a senior legal and managerial role; international management experience a strong plus
- Experience in Commercial Law
- Strong knowledge of European payment services legislation, card scheme regulations, data protection and other relevant regulation
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, global organization maintaining close contact with CRO, CFO, VPs of Sales, the Risk and Compliance teams
- Fluent in English, additional knowledge in other European languages a plus
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to provide useful and efficient counsel
- Excellent communication, negotiation skills & management skills
Benefits of working for Credorax: Our bright open-plan offices are in the heart of Valletta, Malta’s historic capital city, offering a modern, functional and welcoming environment. As part of our standard remuneration package, we offer parking allowances and private health, dental and life insurances. We also offer discounted corporate gym rates, daily fresh fruit and family-friendly measures as well as exciting company events.
A remuneration package commensurate with qualifications, experience and personal attributes will be offered with options for growth. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The client, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at this company.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
€18,000 - €24,000
Legal & Compliance Manager
Sliema , Malta
Negotiable depending on experience
Senior Internal Audit Manager
Senior Accountant (FS/Insruance)
€30,000 - €50,000
Senior Compliance Officer
Attractive package offered